Rolled Pork Shoulder with Parma Ham and Parmigiano Reggiano
- 8 pork loin slices (about 1cm thick)
- 8 Parma Ham slices
- 100g shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sage leaves
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 glass of white wine
1. Lay the pork loin slices on a board and pound them slightly. Arrange a Parma Ham slice and some shaved Parmigiano Reggiano on each loin slice.
2. For each slice, fold in the edges on either side and roll them up, finish with a toothpick to hold them together.
3. Heat butter, oil and sage leaves in a pan. Add the rolls and sauté, turning them and simmering with white wine until reduced.
4. Cook for 30 minutes over gentle heat.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Micaela Pellegrini, from Osteria Ca' d'Angel
Image courtesy of John Holdship