Classic Chicken Kiev
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 chicken supremes (breast with wing bone still attached)
- Seasoned plain flour
- 1 egg
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- Rapeseed oil, for deep frying
1. Crush the garlic, squeeze and zest one lemon and finely chop some parsley. Combine this mixture with butter and season well. Roll into 2 sausages and freeze for 2 hours.
2. Place the seasoned flour, beaten egg and panko breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare you chicken. Using sharp knife, split breast almost in half horizontally. Place butter inside the breast and fold the chicken over so it's completely wrapped.
4. Dust lightly in seasoned flour then dip in the beaten egg. Finally, roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs and refrigerate.
5. Heat oil in deep fryer until a cube of bread browns within 30 seconds, about 180°C. Fry the chicken until golden, for about a minute. Drain on paper, then place in oven for 15-20 mins until crisp and cooked through.
6. Serve with new potatoes and watercress.