1. Use Foil Pouches for Steaming
We all know steaming is the perfect way to make light and healthy meals out of poultry, fish and veggies but getting the steamer out is often a laborious task. We’ve found the easiest way is to reach for the kitchen foil. Even easier are Knorr gourmet foil steam pouches which come with a ready-made bag to seal in flavour and lock in freshness. Each sachet also contains a tasty blend of herbs and spices. All you need to do is combine your ingredients, following the instructions on the packet and pop the bag in the oven. Your dinner will be steamed to perfection in no time.
This Primavera Chicken with Basil and White Wine uses just six ingredients and can be on the table in less than 40 minutes.
2. Grab a Packet of Gourmet Recipe Mix
Cut out the need for fiddling with pots of herbs and spices and make a flavourful meal with a packet of recipe mix. The great thing is that you can keep a selection of them in the cupboard for when you’re short of dinner inspiration. All you need to do is have a rummage through your fridge for fresh meat, fish or veg. Whether you’re rubbing the mix onto chicken breasts or stirring it into a stew, this really does make weeknight cooking a whole lot easier.
3. Roast in a Bag
What’s the worst thing about cooking a roast? We reckon it’s the cleaning up. The good news is that you don’t need to deny yourself a midweek roast when you have a handy Gourmet Oven Bag in the cupboard. Just pop your fresh meat and vegetables into the bag, add the seasoning and place the whole thing in the oven. The bag helps lock in flavour and slitting the top of it part-way through cooking ensures a crisp finish for dishes like this Spiced Roast Chicken with Chestnut and Citrus. The best bit is that the bag catches all the tasty juices – perfect for pouring over when you serve.
4. Rustle up a Quick and Tasty Sauce
The fastest way to inject flavour into an everyday meal is to pour over a flavoursome sauce. We love these almost-instant Gourmet Sauces from Knorr. You can buy them in loads of different flavours to compliment your meal. Whether it’s a Rich Three Pepper Sauce with White Wine to smother over steak or Luxurious Three Cheese Sauce to perk up cauliflower and broccoli, you needn’t worry about bland everyday meals anymore.
5. Fold Three Cheese Sauce into cooked mixed veg, place into ramekins and top each one with a disc of ready-rolled puff pastry. Bake until golden for easy mini vegetable pies.
6. Fold al dente pasta or gnocchi into Chanterelle Mushroom Sauce, pour into a baking dish, top with Parmesan cheese and grill until bubbling and golden.
7. Make it look like you spent hours on on the finishing touches by making a vegetable tian using a sachet of Knorr Gourmet Rustic Ratatouille. Make the Oregano and Basil Ratatouille, place a spoonful in a chefs' ring until half full, add a layer of crumbled goat’s cheese and more ratatouille. Pack down and carefully remove the ring for a beautiful side for chicken or fish.
8. Cut a couple of potatoes into wedges, place inside a Knorr gourmet oven bag (we like to use the one for Special Roast Chicken), add the seasoning and shake to coat. Cook in the sealed bag until tender, then slit the bag to slightly crisp up the saucy potato wedges.
9. Cook juicy Mediterranean Prawns using Mediterranean Salmon Foil Steam Pouches. Simply coat the prawns in the seasoning mix, place in the pouch, seal and cook until tender.
10. Boil 1kg baby back ribs for 35 minutes, allow to cool, toss in the flavour mix that comes with Special Roast Chicken (add a spoonful of brown sugar too!), pop inside a roasting bag and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Slit the bag open and continue to roast for 15 minutes until sticky.