Blueberry and Lemon Curd Scones
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g butter, cut into small squares
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g blueberries
- 3 tablespoons The English Provender Co. Luxury Lemon Curd
- 150ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- Clotted cream, to serve
- The English Provender Co. Luxury Lemon Curd, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl then rub in the butter, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in the sugar and blueberries and mix well. Whisk together the milk and lemon curd and gently stir into the breadcrumb mixture, with a rounded knife until the mixture is a soft dough and comes together in a ball.
3. Gently knead on a lightly floured surface to remove any cracks. Roll out to 2 cm thickness, then using a 6 cm fluted pastry cutter, cut into rounds. Gather up any spare bits of dough and knead lightly, roll out and make more scones.
4. Place on a baking tray, spacing them a little apart, brush the tops with milk and cook for 10-12 minutes, until risen and golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack.
5. Delicious served warm or cold, split in half and top with clotted cream and lemon curd.
Tip: Handle the dough as little as possible or it will become tough. Any remaining scones can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Just reheat in the oven.
Recipe courtesy of The English Provender Co.