Hangover Berry, Banana, Chocolate-Hazelnut Waffle Sandwich
Waffles don't have to just be covered in syrup or whipped cream; they also make a great bun for a sandwich. To take it over the top, add sliced or mashed ripe bananas, chocolate-hazelnut spread and strawberries.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 buttermilk or Belgian waffles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 small banana, peeled and cut into about 6 lengthwise wedges
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside. Mix the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream cheese in another small bowl until smooth; set aside.
Toast the waffles until browned and crisp in a toaster or toaster oven. Drizzle the melted butter over both sides of each waffle, and dust both sides with the cinnamon sugar. Spread both halves evenly with the chocolate-cream cheese mixture. Arrange the strawberries and bananas on 1 of the waffles, then top with the remaining waffle.
Copyright 2015 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen