Grilled Hoisin Pork Chop Noodle Bowl
Use just half a pound of pork to feed a family of four with this budget-friendly recipe. Grilled aubergine and green beans help bulk up the dish.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 8 ounces boneless pork loin chops, (two to three 1/2-inch-thick chops)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 Japanese aubergine, sliced 1/2-inch thick on the bias
- 4 ounces green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli-garlic sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Brush the hoisin sauce on both sides of each pork chop, and sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the dried rice noodles to submerge. When the noodles are tender but still have some bite, about 3 minutes, drain through a fine mesh sieve. Reserve the noodles for a later use.
Toss the aubergine and green beans in the oil with some salt and pepper, and then transfer to the grill. Cook the aubergine until tender but they still hold their shape, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill the beans, turning occasionally, until charred and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the aubergine and beans to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
Reduce the heat to medium. Grill the pork chops until just cooked through, 2 minutes per side. Remove the pork chops to a plate and rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain.
In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, chilli-garlic sauce and 1/2 cup water.
Divide the noodles, pork slices, aubergine, beans, coriander, tomatoes, peanuts and fish sauce mixture among four large serving bowls. Serve with more chilli-garlic sauce on the side.
Copyright 2015 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen