Summer Salad of Grilled Tenderstem, Peaches and Goat's Cheese
- 200g Tenderstem, stems cut in half
- 3 ripe peaches, stone removed and cut in quarters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 150g goat's cheese log (we used Kidderton Ash), cut into 1cm slices
- Small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- Crusty ciabatta, cut into slices, to serve
Pre-heat a griddle pan until smoking hot - this will take about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss the Tenderstem and peach quarters in the olive oil and season with a little freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
Cook the Tenderstem and peaches on the hot griddle for about 5 minutes, turning a few times, until they are just tender and marked with griddle-lines.
Arrange the spinach leaves on a serving platter, top with the cooked Tenderstem and peaches and add the goats cheese slices.
Sprinkle with the torn basil leaves and dress with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately with plenty of crusty ciabatta to soak up the delicious juices.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem Broccoli