Mini Ham and Leek Quiches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, sliced and cleaned/soaked thoroughly
- 1/4 cup single cream
- 6 large eggs
- Hot sauce, as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices deli ham, chopped
- 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Thinly sliced chives, for garnish
- Cooking spray, for the muffin tin
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool, then divide them evenly among the muffin cups.
3. Whisk together the cream, eggs and some hot sauce, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix in the ham. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full with the egg mixture and top with the grated cheese. Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove them from the tin.
4. To serve, stir together the sour cream and a couple dashes of hot sauce in a small bowl. Put a small dollop on each quiche along with a few thinly sliced chives.
Special Equipment: a 24-cup mini muffin tin
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond