Stracciatella with Mini Meatballs, Tortellini and Baby Spinach
- For the meatballs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Handful parsley, finely minced
- Big pinch of Greek oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound ground sirloin
- For the soup
- 6 cups Nadia's 'Liquid Gold' Chicken broth
- 1 cup Mini cheese tortellini
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Handful Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
To make the meatballs: In a bowl, combine 1 egg, parmesan cheese, parsley, Greek oregano, garlic, and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Mix together. Add the ground pork and sirloin, mix to incorporate seasoning. Roll into tiny balls the size of marbles.
To make the soup: Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a large pot on medium heat. Add mini meatballs and tortellini. Simmer for 8 minutes. In a small bowl, beat together the egg and sea salt. For Stracciatella: Turn heat to high, and bring soup to rolling boil. Slowly stream in 1/2 the beaten egg into the pot, while whisking soup vigorously with a fork.
Place a portion of the baby spinach in a soup bowl. Pour hot soup over spinach and top with freshly grated Parmesan.