Spicy Sausage, Kale and Beanz Bowls
An all-in-one comfort dish that's spiked with spicy chorizo, paprika and wholesome Heinz Beanz.
- Olive oil
- 4 chorizo cooking sausages, chopped (approx. 200g)
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juice of 1/2
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Heinz Beanz can (415g)
- 200g kale, roughly chopped
- Handful parsley, leaves roughly chopped
1. Heat a small drizzle of oil in a large heavy bottomed pan and gently fry the chopped chorizo for around 3-4 minutes until they have browned and release their cooking juices.
2. Add the celery to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Then add the garlic, tomato purée, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring well.
3. Add the lemon zest, tinned tomatoes, Heinz Beanz and 100ml of water.
4. Season well and bring to the boil then add the kale and cook, covered, for 10 minutes until the kale has wilted.
5. Stir through the lemon juice and parsley before serving.
A Source of Protein
Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass.