Baked Apple with Crisp Topping
- 2 apples (recommended: Fuji or McIntosh)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 60g strawberry jam or preserves
- 2 tbsps plain flour
- 45g butter, cold and diced
- 3 tbsps brown sugar
- 45g oats, uncooked
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
2) Cut each apple in half along its equator. Using a melon baller, cut out each side of the core, creating a rounded hole. Rub exposed apple flesh with lemon juice. Place 1 tablespoon of jam into each hole.
3) For the topping: in a small bowl mix together flour, butter, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt. Press this mixture on the top of each apple, covering jam.
4) Place in a baking dish filled with about a 1-cm of water. Bake until top is golden brown and apple is tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.