Bacon and Broccoli Rice Bowl
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 spring onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Cover the eggs with about 1 inch of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a high simmer, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 8 minutes. Run under cold water; peel and quarter each.
Meanwhile, arrange the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the bacon from the skillet and chop into bite-size pieces.
Whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add the rice, broccoli and spring onion whites and toss to combine. Cover and microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and the rice is warmed through, about 6 minutes.
Divide the rice-broccoli mixture among four bowls. Top each with a quartered egg, bacon, carrot and spring onion greens. Drizzle each with sesame oil.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved