Rockefeller Oysters with Bacon
As oysters are the food of love, melted cheese can only make them more gorgeous.
- 12 oysters,shucked. Loosen the oyster in one shell and discard the other. Lay them on a baking tray lined with rock salt.
- 75g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g fresh spinach, wilted and then chopped and squeezed of all water
- 5 rashers of streaky dry cured bacon, chopped and fried until crispy
- 25g grated parmesan cheese
- 50g natural breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onion. Cook gently for five minutes. Add the spinach and mix well. Season with some salt and pepper.
Divide the spinach and onion mixture amongst the oysters.
Top with the crispy bacon.
Mix the parmesan, breadcrumbs and the parsley together and then sprinkle this over the top.
Heat your grill to high and place the oysters underneath. Cook until bubbling and golden brown.