Big Daddy's spicy beef patty
- 450g beef mince
- 100g onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 jalapeno chilli pepper, finely diced
- 50g bread crumbs
- 125ml beef broth
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 packages premade pastry dough
- Special equipment: 7.5-cm biscuit cutter
1) Brown the beef in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, paprika, thyme, black pepper, and salt. Stir together, and then add the jalapeno. Remove from the heat, and add the bread crumbs and the beef broth. Stir well to combine and set aside to cool completely.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, curry powder and water. Set aside.
3) On a work surface, flatten the pastry dough and cut out 7.5-cm rounds using a biscuit cutter.
4) Add a heaping tbsp. of the beef mixture onto each round. Fold over and press the edges with your fingers. Crimp the edges with a fork. Transfer the patties to a baking tray and brush the tops with the egg mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Arrange on a serving platter and serve.