In the box:
- Chicken balti paste
- Biryani spice blend
- Chicken stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 150g basmati rice, rinsed
- 50g sultanas
- 50g toasted almond flakes
- 100g peas
From your cupboard:
- Olive oil
- Fresh coriander
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Bring 450ml of water to the boil in a saucepan. Add the chicken stock and stir to combine. Keep warm.
2. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a heavy based pan and bring the pan up to high heat. Add the onion and chicken balti paste and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the chicken and the biryani spice blend and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the rice, sultanas and peas, stirring everything together well. Then add the chicken stock, stir, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for 10-15 minutes. Cooking time varies across different hobs. Turn the heat off and leave covered for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and stir through the optional coriander. Serve with the almonds sprinkled on top.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com