Moroccan Potato Salad
A light and inspiring potato salad with all the flavours of the Middle East.
- For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 100ml honey
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 250ml olive oil
- For the salad
- 60g black olives
- 60g green olives
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 40g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon toasted and ground cumin
- 2 red potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 normal potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
For the dressing mix all the ingredients together well and allow to infuse. For the salad mix the olives, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and pine nuts together. Toss half of the dressing through the salad ingredients. Toss the herbs, lemon juice and zest and cumin with the potatoes.
Spread half the lettuce out on a serving platter followed by a layer of potatoes and a layer of the salad ingredients. Continue until you've used up all the ingredients and arranged it nicely. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve with crusty toasted ciabatta.