Slow cooked potatoes with butter and thyme
Recipe by:Food Network Kitchens
- 85g bacon (about 5 slices)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1.8kg waxy potatoes, scrubbed and quartered with skin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns, plus freshly ground for serving
- 1L low-sodium chicken stock
- 60g unsalted butter, sliced
1) Line the bottom of the slow-cooker with bacon and toss half the thyme on top. Top with the potatoes, salt, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Pour the chicken broth over the potatoes and add water to cover the potatoes. Scatter the remaining thyme and the butter on top. Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
2) Discard the bay leaves and peppercorns. Ladle into large shallow bowls and season with salt and pepper, to taste.