Sour cream mashed potatoes
- 1.5kg boiling potatoes, peeled
- 375ml milk
- 90g unsalted butter
- 120ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2) Meanwhile, heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan, making sure it does not boil. Set aside until the potatoes are done.
3) As soon as the potatoes are tender, drain them in a colander. Place a food mill fitted with a small disc/blade over a glass bowl. Process the potatoes through the food mill, turning the handle back and forth to force the potatoes through the disc.
4) As soon as the potatoes are mashed, slowly whisk in enough of the hot milk/butter mixture to make the potatoes very creamy. Add 2 tsp of salt and the sour cream and pepper and whisk to combine. Taste for seasoning and serve hot.