- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil, plus more for brushing
- 15g chopped ginger
- 10g chopped garlic
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed with hand
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 30g tomato puree
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 2cm pieces
- 120g natural yoghurt
- 6 whole grain tortillas
- 65g grated mozzarella
Serves: 3 quesadillas1) Place the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the ginger, garlic and onion. Saute until soft and golden, about 3 minutes. Add the spices and toast for 30 seconds, then turn down the heat and add the tomato puree, stirring well to incorporate it.
2) Add the chicken pieces, stir well to coat and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, until the chicken is almost cooked through. Add the yoghurt and continue to cook until the chicken is done, about 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Place a tortilla on a baking sheet and brush it with oil. Flip it over and place oil side down onto the baking sheet and then sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella. Add 1/3 of the filling and spread it over the cheese, then sprinkle a bit more of the cheese over the top. Cover with another tortilla and brush the top with more oil. Repeat with the remaining tortillas until 3 quesadillas are assembled – you may need multiple baking sheets.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is slightly golden. Cut into wedges and serve.