- 2 white onions, peeled and diced into small chunks
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp (floral) honey
- 120g light brown sugar
- 50g blanched almonds, toasted
In a saucepan, sweat off the onions in the olive oil for 10-15 minutes.
Add the mustard seeds and season.
Add the garlic, followed by the remainder of the ingredients, and stir.
Gently stew down for 1 hour or more until a jammy consistency.
Adjust the acidity – adding a touch more sugar if necessary – and season accordingly.
Recipe courtesy of Matt Tebbutt