Cheese Dumplings with Smoked Chilli Jam
- 250 grams manioc starch
- 200 grams mature cheddar, finely grated
- 3 eggs
- 25 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- For the smoked chilli jam
- 2 ancho chillies, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 3 cloves smoked garlic, peeled and crushed
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 200 millilitres white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- For serving:
- Pata negra ham slices
First make the smoked chilli jam. Drain the soaked ancho chillies, remove the stems and finely chop.
Tip into a saucepan with the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool before spooning into a serving dish.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Tip the manioc starch and cheese into a large bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Gradually incorporate the eggs, butter and milk until you have a smooth, soft dough. Roll the mixture into small balls and place into the holes of three 12 hole mini muffin trays.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until pale gold in colour. Allow to cool slightly then serve with the smoked chilli jam and pata negra ham.