Griddled pork skewers with chilli sauce
Juicy grilled pork from Bobby Flay with a fresh chilli and lime dipping sauce.
- For the chili sauce
- 125 ml fresh lime juice
- 60 ml cup fish sauce
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 1 fresh thai red chilli pepper, finely diced
- 2 tsp. caster sugar
- 20g shallot, finely diced
- For the pork
- 750g pork fillet, cut into 16 pieces
- 16, 15cm wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 60 ml oyster sauce
- 60 ml low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 g coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 5g finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
For the pork:
1) Skewer 2 pieces of pork onto 2 skewers so that the meat lies flat. Place the pork skewers in a large baking dish. Whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, coriander, garlic, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl. Pour the marinade over the pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
2) Heat griddle to high. Remove the skewers from the marinade and griddle the meat on both sides until slightly charred and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with chili sauce on the side for dipping.