- 625g large prawns, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60g unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1.5 tsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 0.5 tsp grated lime zest
- 10 mint leaves, julienned
- 10 basil leaves, julienned
2) Heat 2 large frying pans over a medium heat. Season the prawns with salt and pepper; add a tsp of butter to each pan and turn the heat to high. When the foam subsides, invert a pie dish of prawns over a frying pan so they all fall into the pan at once. Repeat with the other pan of prawns.
3) Cook the prawns, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes, until they turn golden brown on the bottom. Add a remaining tsp of butter to each pan and turn off the heat. Turn the prawns over with tongs and cook for 1 minute in the residual heat of the pans.
4) Add half the ginger, lime juice and zest, mint and basil to each pan, and shake to combine.
5) Divide the prawns among 4 plates or serve on a single platter and enjoy hot or at room temperature.