Braai'd Baby Potatoes
- 1kg baby new potatoes
- 250g smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs dill, chopped
1. Par-boil the potatoes in salted boiling water.
2. Drain and put back in the pan, heat for 3 minutes to steam dry.
3. In a little of the olive oil fry the bacon until almost crispy.
4. Add the spices and cook for a minute.
5. Halve the potatoes and add to the pan with the bacon and spices and toss to coat well, add the remaining olive oil if the mix is a little dry.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove from the heat and add the dill.
8. Toss to combine.
9. Take two large pieces of foil, tip the potato mix in centre of the foil and fold to create parcel.
10. Place the sealed parcel on the braai and cook for up to 30 mins until the potatoes are cooked through and slightly crispy.