Mesa Grill Potato Salad
Recipe by:Bobby Flay
- 1.5kg new potatoes
- 225ml prepared mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsps ancho chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 spring onion, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 35g freshly chopped coriander leaves
1) Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover by 2.5cms with cold water. Add 1 tbsp of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until fork tender, 12 to 15 minutes and drain well.
2) Let cool slightly then slice into 1cm thick pieces and add to a large serving bowl.
3) Stir together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the warm potatoes and mix gently until combined, mashing the potatoes slightly.
4) Season again with salt and pepper, to taste, before serving.