Maple-glazed pork chops
- 4 tsps ancho chilli powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 (290 g) center cut bone-in pork chops, about 2 cm thick
- 2 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 115 g butter maple syrup
- 115 ml chicken stock
- Pecans, toasted and chopped, optional garnish
1) In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and salt and sprinkle evenly over both sides of the pork chops.
2) In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until desired doneness, about for 4 to 6 minutes.
3) In a small skillet, over medium-high heat, add the balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced by half. Stir in the maple syrup and chicken stock. Cook over medium heat until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
4) Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the maple syrup. Garnish with toasted pecans, if desired.