Lightning lamb burger
Mixing lamb with pesto and cheese gives gorgeous flavour from the inside.
- 500g New Zealand Lamb mince, thawed if frozen
- 120g tub/jar pesto sauce
- 100g ready grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns, or ciabatta, or foccacia rolls
- Mixed salad leaves
- Tomato slices
- Thick Greek yoghurt
- Black pepper
2) Divide the mixture into four and shape into burgers. Put on a grill pan and cook under the grill for approx. 10 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through until they are completely cooked.
3) Serve in burger buns with lettuce leaves, slices of tomato, a spoonful of yoghurt and a grinding of black pepper.
Cook's Tips: Use ready-grated mozzarella instead of Cheddar if you prefer. Ready-grated cheeses are widely available in supermarkets, usually in re-sealable bags so you don't need to use the whole lot at once.
Use red or green pesto and look out for a range of different rolls with your burgers to give it an extra special taste. We used cheesy bread rolls, available in most supermarkets.
If you have the time, make the burger mix the day before and chill until ready to cook.