10-Minute Beef-and-Beetroot Salad with Horseradish Dressing
- 2 slices seeded rye bread
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 5-ounce package baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (about 7 ounces)
- 4 ounces dill Havarti cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound thinly-sliced rare deli roast beef
- 3/4 cup sliced and drained pickled beetroots
Toast the rye bread.
Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, mayonnaise, mustard, 3 tablespoons water, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the spinach, coleslaw mix and cheese and toss to combine.
Cut the toasted bread, crusts and all, into 1/2-inch pieces Divide dressed greens among 4 salad plates and top each with roast beef, beetroots and rye croutons.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen