One-Pot Mustard Roast Chicken Thighs and Vegetables
- 8 RSPCA Assured chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Fairtrade olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade soy sauce
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced thickly
- 250g Chantenay carrots, trimmed
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 6-8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 150ml dry Fairtrade white wine
- Few sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
2. Make one slit in the skin of each chicken thigh. Put the chicken in a large roasting tin.
3. Mix together the mustard, oil and soy, then add to the chicken and toss together. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up and add the fennel, carrots, onions and garlic. Pour over the white wine and tuck in the rosemary sprigs.
4. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for around 35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is well browned and cooked through and there is no pink meat and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced. Serve the chicken surrounded with the vegetables. Stir the juices left in the pan and drizzle over the chicken and vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of RSPCA Assured