Potato and Basil Frittata
- 110g unsalted butter, divided
- 4 potatoes, peeled and 1cm diced
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 425g ricotta cheese
- 335g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful chopped fresh basil leaves
- 45g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
2) Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, then stir in the ricotta, Gruyere, melted butter, salt, pepper and basil. Sprinkle on the flour and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.
3) Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and place the pan in the centre of the oven. Bake the frittata until it is browned and puffed, 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will be rounded and firm in the middle and a knife inserted in the frittata should come out clean. Serve hot.