Sesame Noodles with Chicken
You won't miss your Chinese takeaway with this delicious noodle recipe.
- 450g spaghetti or Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- For the peanut sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1-cm piece peeled fresh ginger
- 120g smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 tbsp hot water
- For the garnish
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken
- 6 spring onions (white and green parts), sliced
- 2.5 tbsp dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
2) Drain and rinse under cold running water. Put the noodles in a large bowl and toss with the sesame oil.
For the peanut sauce:
1) With the motor of the blender running, drop in the garlic and ginger. When the chopping is complete, stop the machine and add the peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and red pepper.
2) Process until smooth, then – with the blender running – slowly pour in the water.
3) To serve, toss the noodles with the peanut sauce, then top with the cucumber, chicken, spring onions and peanuts.
Cook's Note: Toasted sesame oil delivers richness and intensity to our sesame sauce with just a drizzle. Maintain its punch by storing it in your refrigerator.