Vegetarian Tenderstem and Peanut Noodles
- 200g Tenderstem, stems cut in half
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 medium hot red chilli (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g (4 blocks) dried egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
In a wok or large frying pan heat the oil until hot. Stir fry the Tenderstem, red and yellow peppers and spring onions over a high heat for about 3 minutes, or until they are starting to soften a little.
Add the garlic, chili and ginger and fry for a further 2 minutes.
In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and soy sauce together, then pour into the wok, stirring well to coat everything.
Stir through the cooked noodles and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem Broccoli