Chocolate Amaretti Cake
Indulge in this dark chocolate cake with amaretti biscuits and almonds.
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 110g dark chocolate
- 150g flaked almonds
- 60g baby amaretti cookies
- 120g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 130g sugar
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 4 large eggs
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
2) Spray a 23-cm springform pan the nonstick spray. Refrigerate. Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds, for about 1 minute.
3) Combine the almonds and cookies in processor. Pulse until the almonds and cookies are finely ground. Transfer the nut mixture to a medium bowl. Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Add the grated orange peel and pulse briefly, until incorporated. Add the eggs 1 at a time. Blend until the eggs are incorporated. Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again. Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate. Pulse until blended. Clean the sides of the bowl. Blend again.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the center puffs and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
5) Transfer the cake to a platter. Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.