PB 'n Chocolate Bread Pudding Bonanza
- 4 slices light bread, lightly toasted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, plus more, for serving
- 312ml light vanilla soymilk
- 80ml fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Fat-free whipped cream topping
- Chopped peanuts, for serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the toasted bread cubes into a standard loaf pan sprayed with non-stick spray and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top.
In a blender, combine soymilk, egg substitute, peanut butter, brown sugar, and salt. Process on medium speed until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes, making sure all the bread cubes are covered. Let stand 5 minutes.
Place dish in the oven and bake until pudding is firm, 45 to 50 minutes. Top with whipped topping and garnish with additional chocolate chips and chopped peanuts, if using. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Cook's Note: This is best when served warm.
PER SERVING (1/4 of the baked bread pudding): 225 calories, 8.5g fat, 294mg sodium, 30g carbs, 4g fiber, 15.5g sugars, 10g protein