- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces plus 1/2 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, such as Nescafe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon plain flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Melt the butter, 4 ounces of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate together in a medium bowl set over simmering water. Set aside for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together 1/4 cup of the flour, the baking powder and salt and add to the chocolate mixture. Toss together the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and one tablespoon of flour in a medium bowl and add them to the chocolate mixture. Spoon the mixture into five 3 1/2 inch cast iron skillets and place them on a sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Don't over bake!
4. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.