Easy Coconut Macaroons
Coconut is used to make these sweet, soft snowballs totally scrumptious.
- 400g sweetened desiccated coconut
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
2) Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
3) Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 2cm diameter ice cream scoop, or two teaspoons. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.