Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 130g (4 ½ oz) dates, chopped
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Stork tub
- 130g (4 ½ oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs, small, beaten
- 200g (7 oz) self raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 dessertspoon black treacle, optional
- For the sauce
- 200g (7oz) light muscovado sugar
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Elmlea Whipping, plus extra to serve
- 125g (4 ½ oz) Stork packet
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
Pre-heat oven to 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4.
Place dates in a mixing bowl, add 225ml (8 fl oz) boiling water. Add the bicarbonate of soda and leave for 10 minutes.
Grease a 2 pint pudding basin.
Place the Stork, sugar, eggs, flour and spice in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. Stir in the dates together with the soaking liquid.
Pour mixture into the basin and bake for 1 hour.
To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a heavy based pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
Pour the sauce over the pudding. Serve with a large spoonful of Elmlea Whipping if liked.
Recipe courtesy of Stork