Smoked salmon and egg salad tartines
Make breakfast bitesized with these lovely little tartines.
- 12 extra-large eggs
- 75ml good mayonnaise
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices multi grain bread or round French boule
- 8 slices good smoked salmon
2) To peel the eggs, tap each end on a board, then roll the egg between your hand and the board to crack the shell. Peel under cold running tap water and allow the eggs to cool to room temperature.
3) Place the eggs in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Mix 10 to 12 times to break up, but not puree, the eggs. Transfer the chopped eggs to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Combine lightly with a fork.
4) Toast or grill the bread. Lay one lice of salmon on each piece of bread, spread on the egg salad, then garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve at room temperature.