Cranberry Fruit Conserve
Cranberries are the stars of this soft, citrusy preserve.
Recipe by:Ina Garten
- 340g bag of fresh cranberries, cleaned
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 orange, zest grated and juiced
- 1 lemon, zest grated and juiced
- 125g sultanas
- 90g chopped walnuts or pecans
Cook the cranberries, sugar, and 240ml water in a saucepan over low heat for about five minutes, or until the skins pop open. Add the apple, zests, and juices and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add the sultanas and nuts. Let cool, and serve chilled.