Mashed parsnips with mascarpone cheese
This cheesy, herby mash is a deliciously comforting wintry treat.
- 450g parsnips, peeled and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 120ml mascarpone
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2) Heat a saucepan over a medium-high heat and add the butter and sugar. Allow to melt together. Add the onions and saute until caramelized, about six minutes.
3) Add the parsnips to the caramelized onions. Take off the heat and add the mascarpone. Stir together and mash, adding parsley, salt and pepper to taste.