4-pepper devilled eggs
Turning up the heat won?t be a problem with Alton Brown's peppery canapés.
Recipe by:Alton Brown
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1 tsp whole pink peppercorns, divided
- 1/2 tsp whole white peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole green peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp caper liquid
- 50g mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch caster sugar
Serves: 12 canapés1) Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside. Place all of the peppercorns, except 1/2 tsp of the pink peppercorns, into a spice grinder and process until ground well. Add the ground peppers, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine. Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves. Coarsely grind the remaining 1/2 tsp of pink peppercorns and use to garnish the top of each egg.
2) Chill for at least 1 hr in the refrigerator before serving.