Bruschetta with sauteed mushrooms
These gorgeously garlicky mushroom toasts are perfect for parties.
- Italian bread, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 450g mixed mushrooms, chopped (shiitake, portobello, chestnut)
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and freshly chopped
- 1 small handful fresh thyme, leaves picked and freshly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toast your bread in a toaster or under the grill.
In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper, and another sprinkling olive oil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often. Add the parsley and thyme, cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve the mushrooms warm, on top of the bread slices, dress with some extra salt, pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil.