Crisp Goat's Cheese with Pears and Chicory
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, quarteres and cored
- 20g unsalted butter
- 5g caster sugar
- 15g walnuts
- 2 red chicory
- 1 bunch watercress
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 15ml red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fresh goat's cheese, made into 1cm medallions
2) Trim the root off the chicory and separate into individual leaves, then cut the leaves in half lengthways and place in a bowl. Add the watercress and dress with the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Place the goat's cheese on a baking tray and place under a hot grill for one minute. Top the pear, chicory and watercress salad with the grilled goat's cheese. Serve.