Roasted Prawn Cocktail
- For the For the Prawns:
- 2 pounds (12 to 15-count) prawns
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
For the sauce, combine the chilli sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve as a dip with the prawns.
SERVES: 6 (APPETIZER); Calories: 176; Total Fat: 4 grams; Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams; Protein: 21 grams; Total carbohydrates: 13 grams; Sugar: 10 grams; Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 191 milligrams; Sodium: 1,515 milligrams