Sweet Prawns with Chorizo and Onions
Add white Spanish anchovies to this dish for a hidden depth of flavour.
- 6 tbsp Spanish olive oil
- 450g fresh prawns, head on and unpeeled
- 160g sliced chorizo
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp torn fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole boquerones (Spanish white anchovies), optional
Heat a cast iron pan over a high flame or heat until slightly smoking. Add the olive oil and quickly add the prawns, chorizo, onion, shallot, garlic, coriander, parsley, salt, and boquerones, if using or desired.
Cook, stirring, until the prawns are cooked through, two to three minutes. Serve immediately.