Siba's Braaied Corn Salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- 6 corn cobs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Garlic-and-herb seasoning, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g fine green bean, halved
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 150g baby mushrooms, slice
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- A handful basil leaves, chopped, to garnish
- For the basil pesto dressing
- 250g basil pesto
- Juice and grated rind of ½ lemon, to taste
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Cook the corn in boiling salted water for 7 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, brush with half the butter and season with garlic and-herb seasoning. Char on a preheated griddle pan for 5 minutes until cooked and charred. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs and reserve in a bowl.
Heat the remaining butter in a pan and sauté the garlic. Add the green beans, cook for 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the pesto, zest and juice of ½ lemon with the mint leaves.
Mix with the corn with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle over the basil pesto dressing just before serving. Scatter with basil leaves to garnish.