Grilled tofu with asiago and walnut pesto
Go light and healthy with these flavour-packed nibbles for sharing.
- For the pesto
- 115g grated asiago cheese
- 115g chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 55g chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp (about 5 leaves), chopped fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For the tofu
- 400g firm tofu, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
For the Tofu:
Place a griddle pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal griddle. Cut the tofu in half diagonally to make two large triangles. Cut each large triangle in half to make four smaller triangles.
Place the triangles, long side down, on a cutting board and carefully cut each into three slices. Brush the tofu triangles, on each side, with the extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the tofu for two minutes on each side.
Carefully transfer the tofu to a serving platter. Spoon the pesto over the tofu and serve.