Almond Chicken Satay
- 6 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Salt and finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- One 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 12 ounces snap peas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh hot red chilli, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
Plunge the noodles in hot very hot tap water and let soften for 15 minutes, then drain.
In the meantime, heat the oil in a large fring pan over medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper, and then add to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook until very fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, almond butter, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the snap peas and cook until the peas are bright green, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the chicken over the rice noodles, sprinkled with chilli and coriander.