Brunch stuffed peppers
- 4 yellow peppers
- 150g frozen country-style hash browns, thawed
- 250g streaky bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 75g grated Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend, plus more for garnish
- 175ml whole milk
- 60g scone mix
- 60g sour cream
- 10g chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2) Remove the top 1.25cm of each pepper. Discard the tops and seeds. Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in a 20-by-20cm glass baking dish. Fill the bottom of each pepper evenly with hash browns and bacon.
3) In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, milk, baking mix, sour cream, spring onion, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each pepper. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out dry, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with cheese and serve immediately.