Warm Salad of Tenderstem Broccoli and Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli, cut into whole florets and slice the stems cut into diagonal spears
- 200g chickpeas boiled/canned
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into julienne
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté cumin seeds and garlic to translucent, and add red chilli and broccoli and sauté for 1 minute. Add chickpeas, onion and red pepper.
Sauté for 30 seconds and remove from heat and add lime juice and correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss through the coriander and serve immediately.
This recipe will go with: Meen Moilee - Coconut fish curry with rice; Tandoori Chicken - Grilled chicken marinated in spices; Achari Gosht - Lamb braised with mango pickle and root turmeric; Bharwan Aloo - Baked Potatoes filled with spicy vegetable mixture.